KD-ADS: Expanding Horizons

Cos thinking should never be stagnant...

Monday, February 14, 2005

Homeless

I am back in Australia. Though I am not flipping open sleeping bags in the streets, I am residing in the living room of my (previously, used-to-be) apartment. I had given my room to my new room mate and reduced myself to lodging my stuff and body in the living room, crashing in the small couch that I owned. On the night of my return, (arrived at 2am), I stared into the darkness of the four walls around me. My roommate's cat kept me company and I was appreciative of its silent presence.

I started to realise that not only was I "homeless", as in not having a house or room to call my own, but also homeless in that I was far away from some of the cherished elements of my life. My home was with my dogs, my niece and my family (in some sense). Being the unsentimental being I am at times, it struck me that I was missing the warm presence of my pets, my niece coming into my room and chasing them, and further the trips my sister and I would undertake with her. Where I was now, as comfortable as I could sink into later, can't truly compare with the little moments we had together.

As I am temporarily "homeless", in every sense of the word, I don't have ready access to all my stuff, which includes the internet and etc. Using the school internet, though delightful, won't provide me with all the materials I rely on to write competent blog entries or surf my daily favourite sites. As such, I will be disabled for a little while, as I move my stuff into a new home (thankfully, I found accomodation closer to school). I guess this truly shows how handicapped we all become when stripped of our earthy assets and a shelter that we arbitrarily call a "home".

On a small note, today is Valentine's Day. Though I don't particularly favour superficial traditions, or commercialized holidays, I have a couple of attached friends who are truly satisfied and blessed for what they have. So this would be my ridiculous "thumbs-up" support for their love in their relationships.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger compassioNAT said…

    Geez,i hope you've upgraded from a couch to somewhere more comfy. Guess a little homesickness is perfectly normal. Hope you feel better.

    Happy Valentines To You

    *btw, do you think you can teach me how to add links on my blog? so i can add yours too? thanks =)

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    koryu__
    hey... all the best to you in your studies in Australia. Everyone needs something in time. And that something will bound to appear sometime. I hope you will find yours soon. take care nevertheless.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    [url=http://jhqfqgqh.com/owfm/ooym.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xwpdczgn.com/nbpf/imhz.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you!
    http://jhqfqgqh.com/owfm/ooym.html | http://pjbtzaci.com/xvax/cyym.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home