KD-ADS: Expanding Horizons

Cos thinking should never be stagnant...

Friday, May 20, 2005

Today is a Special Day for you....

I will be celebrating my birthday tonight. It's been ages since I announced my birthday somewhat publicly. Probably since I was 18, because any sense of spreading awareness of my birthday has reared pointless derivation from my friends or peers, and I now have a preference to spend my "hatch day" in silent solitude. Nothing has changed up to this point, but the one thing that has a dramatic shift for this year is that I have planned a special day for me and my friend.

Female of course.

But I am not celebrating my special day. Rather, the significance is in reverse, and I will be making up to her for the birthday we couldn't celebrate last year (hers). It is going to be an incredible busy day, as I write this, it is 6am, and in a few hours time, I have to move to action, ploughing through all the preparations and also simultaneously going through my work. Finally when night falls, I have to stand up to the "test" when she has the opportunity to "taste" the special "treats" I organized for her. Lacking any firm confidence in my choregraphy, I only hope she will, even if she is unable to state unequivocally that it will be the best time she has, enjoy our own unique experience.

Could I dare to say that material gifts has lost its appeal to me? It has a long time ago. There is no real tangible gift for me to physically hold and feel this year. There hasn't been one for close to 6 years, I could say. For all the silly items and accesories that I received with my grubby hands, none will bear the same weight and importance as this special night.

My birthday was yesterday. Today it is for something else. Call it a special celebration between friends.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger compassioNAT said…

    Happy (belated) birthday! i hope you have a blast :)

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey man, happy belated birthday. I hope u had a great day. ;)

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Douglas Evans said…

    Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

    I am surprised anyone is still checking out my blog.

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Belated birthday Evans. Hope you enjoyed your birthday~

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Douglas Evans said…

    Thanx FCL.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    saw u in action in c.rose board months ago, awesome!

    happy birthday to you.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy belated birthday to you, Crankyass. I so hate you for not telling me stuffs like this >_>;

    :P I went down to Sale to spend weekend with his family ^^

    Wheeeee~ I wanna go back to Sale soon ^^


    ~vincevalentine~

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eeeh..I'm uber late but still.. happy belated bday~
    Whoa.. so true I think
    This is the first time you ever mentioned about your bday.. ^^

    -whippy-

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Douglas Evans said…

    Thanks fellows. Late greetings are still valuable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home